Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Menus-July


Isn't the farmers' market produce lovely! The top egg in this photograph is actually greenish. Yet another reason to love the farmers' market. Here is another batch of six menus. I am particularly looking forward to the Tortilla Soup!

1. Tortilla Soup, Watermelon, Corn Tortillas (Soup & Stew)
2. Big Green Salad, Corn on the Cob, Biscuits (Salad)
3. Phad Thai, Cucumber Pickles, Sticky Rice and Peanut Sauce (Noodle & Rice)
4. Egg Salad Sandwiches, Potato Chips, Green Pea Salad (Sandwiches)
5. Baked Macaroni and Cheese, Sauteed Zucchini (Cassarole)
6. Grilled Bread, Lemon Toasted Almonds, Caponata, Cheese, Olives (Mezze)

Shopping List:
Produce:
Cob corn (available at my farmers' market)
Avocado
Lemon
Lime
Cilantro (available at my farmers' market)
Onion (available at my farmers' market)
Garlic (available at my farmers' market)
Watermelon
Lettuce (available at my farmers' market and in my backyard)
Tomatoes (available at my farmers' market and in my backyard)
Cucumber (available at my farmers' market)
Zucchini (available at my farmers' market and in my backyard)
Eggplant (available at my farmers' market)
Sweet pepper (purple peppers available at my farmers' market)
Proteins:
Chicken (pastured chicken available at my farmers' market) OR pinto beans
Eggs (eggs from pastured chickens available at my farmers' market)
Tofu OR alternative meat for phad thai
Monterrey Jack Cheese
Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Table cheese (goat cheese available at my farmers' market)
Milk
Plain yogurt
Nuts
Whole Almonds
Bakery:
Baguette
Frozen:
Green peas
Shelf-Stable Staples:
Tortilla Chips
Masa de Harina (to make your own corn tortillas you need a tortilla press, too)
Chicken stock OR Vegetable stock (if you are not up to making your own)
Flour (whole wheat and all purpose)
Shortning
Sugar
Salt
Rice stick noodles (for phad thai)
Fish sauce
Rice vinegar
Tamarind paste OR limes
Red curry paste
Glutinous rice
Peanut butter
Mayonnaise
Anchovies
Bite-sized dried pasta
Whole water chestnuts
Greek olives

© Katherine C. Otterstrom, June 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment